Monday, December 14, 2009

Weird Weather

So the weather has been beyond crazy here. On Saturday there was a high of 50 and it was miserable out. Rain and wet mostly. But I caught a break in the rain and went out to the barn for a bit. I ride Togiferd (Togey) barebark with a surcingle for the first time. He was HIGHLY confused at first, especially when I vaulted on, but he lived and we ended up having a pretty nice ride. There was a little bit of fast cantering aka IDONTWANNASTOP! from him but that was no doubt to to me trying to hold on and say stop with my seat (not hands!) at the same time. After we just chilled out in the barn for a really long time. He probably munched through 2 scoops of alfalfa cubes and 2 lbs of the apple treats.

On Sunday it was 70 degrees! I rode Jazz in just a tank top and jeans. He was beyond amazing! The improvement in his gaits is incredible!! We've been doing a lot of exercises that trainers have suggested and it seems to be paying off. He's got much better lateral flexibility as well as swing/the beginnings of impulsion in his gaits. Its so much fun to ride him on the flat now because he feels sooo good. At this point I like doing dressage with him more than jumping! crazy! We still have a lot of work to do, especially on our transitions but that will come eventually.

We ended up not going to Clemson for a variety of reasons but its all good. Jazzy and I have a clinic with one of the best show jumping course designers in the country, who is also an AMAZING coach next weekend so I'm really excited. We are signed up for the 3'3"-3'6" ground. Hoping that goes well!

<3 Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment