Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas!

Hey!

I had an absolute awesome Christmas this year! My family is awesome and I love them to pieces! We had an awesome dinner at my grandmothers that was absolutely hilarious. My grandmother gave each of my brothers $25 and practically duct taped the boxes shut. They were wrestling to open them for nearly 5 minutes.



My full brother, Matt, and I went to my dads house to open gifts on Christmas day and I got the best horse stuff! A Micklem bridle, 2 bits (one a Fulmer!), a horse cooler, 3 training books (101 Dressage Exercises, 101 Jumping Exercises and a book of using grid work), new breeches, shorter round spurs, white polo wraps and 2 new schooling pads (one light blue and one black) ! And my favorite thing, a college text book of equine anatomy! I found all of it on sale(expect the bridle and anatomy book... but I reallyreally wanted them).

I can't wait to get everything out to the barn and use it all! Except the white polo wraps... those are not getting any where near a horse until I do something important that involves dressage... like a rating or anywhere I probably shouldn't wear my rather used and abused brushing boots. They might be old and too small but they serve their purpose and I like them. :))

Anyway, Jazz is doing awesome. Getting fat and kind of hot since the rain makes consistent, hard riding impossible. We're playing with his grain and supplements to create a diet that holds the weight but less hyper. The old boys Largo and Duce/Dunkin are doing well also. They're both on a supplement to try to keep them feeling good. The cold slows 'em up a bit but the supplements seem to help. And new news about horses coming and going! Can't wait to write about it but got to go for now!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment