Friday, December 25, 2009

Miss Abby

Hey!

As I said in my last post, this was seriously the best Christmas ever. And a large part way was due to getting the best gift ever. That I got for myself :)) I paid for it and am currently in the process of paying my mother back for the rather large shipping fee. But it's perfectly fine with me. Because it is actually a she. And she, is a 10 year old, 16hh off the track thoroughbred. Her history post 5 months ago isn't known because she was being starved in a field with another horse. After that lovelyyy ordeal, she ended up with the best owner a horse in that situation could wish for. She's now happy and healthy with over 200 lbs gained since being rescued.



I've yet to meet her but she apparently has a sweet temperament and no vices. Except disliking cross ties. But since we don't have cross ties in my barn it shouldn't be a problem. Plus, Jazz use to dislike them too. She vets pretty clean too. No health problems with the rescue and no lameness.

I'm hoping she'll be my next jumper with some work. She's got a big jump and a stride that I loveeee. Hopefully some dressage, grid work and more schooling will get her to slow down, balance up and snap those knees up! This is her video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUx8hdmZrok

She should be hear in the first week or so of January and I'll have TONS more pictures and video of her. I can't wait!

<3 Katie

p.s. We decided her show name would be Never Say Never. I think it fits.

No comments:

Post a Comment