Saturday, January 24, 2009

Lock n' Load

Lock n' Load.


The name of this blog is, of course, horse related. Everyone has heard the phrase at some point or another and its pretty fun to say too. A couple years ago I was heading into the hunter ring to do my first course of the show and Jazz was being antsy. I was calm for the first time that day. My nerves always leave in the few minutes before my class for some reason. Jazz didn't want to go in the ring and was throwing a temper tantrum so my trainer took a rein and led us in. As we walked in I reach down, patted his neck and whispered "its ok boy. we got this. come on now, let's lock and load." It doesn't really make sense but for some reason the phrase stuck and different variations are whispered before each course and sometimes on course if I can feel him starting to falter.


Lock n' Load. The phrase makes me feel like Jazz and I are unstoppable.

No comments:

Post a Comment