Saturday, January 24, 2009

First Post

Hey! My name is Katie and this blog has no true purpose. It is simply a place to do one of my favorite pastimes: writing. Most posts will be about my horses and my family's new farm but as for the rest, I have no idea. Keeping an open mind.


To start with, my horses are my life. No doubt about it. My first horse was Largo, a 16 year old orney buckskin quarter horse. We had some great times together and lots of stories to tell. We will continue to be partners in crime once we are both living on the family farm, but for now, he lives the easy life of full retirement. After three years of riding Largo, I was gifted with my current horse, Jazz.


Jazz is the most amazing animal I have ever come across. He isn't the best trained horse out there, not by any stretch, but he has more heart than any I know. He was a wild child nine year old when I was gifted with him 3 years ago. He was an off-the-track thoroughbred with hunter/jumper training and a flair for theatrics. Now, nearing age 13, he has transformed into a level headed show horse who puts up with the crazy ideas of an active, often creative and determined 15 year old.

These two horses will both soon live on my family's gorgeous new farm. The un-named 7 acre plot of land will undoubtly play an intrumental part of in this blog. My horse story.

And apparently there is no tab key on here.... saddness....

No comments:

Post a Comment