Monday, February 15, 2010

Craziness!

Hey!

So I know I haven't posted in forever buttt I've been super busy with the horses. I brought in a horse to work with (yeahh already have Abby and Jazz butttt did it anyway) so Ive been riding 2-3 horses every afternoon. Plus school. Plus teaching. Plus life. Funfun.

So the new horse is a 7 year old Hano/TB mare who is absolutely GORGEOUS! She's 15.2hh with good conformation and THE sweetest personality ever. I could go on and on about how nice this horse is. She was doing 1st level dressage last spring, schooling 3'9" and packing at 3'3"/3'6". She's got a nice little jump and amazing smooth trot. When I got her 3 weeks ago she hadn't been ridden in 4 months but we got up to jumping 2' and schooling basic dressage work. She is a little mentally green due to a sheltered upbringing but a very nice horse.

Long story short, we're not going to be able to keep her since I don't have the time/energy to keep up with riding 3 horses every afternoon. She is going back to her old owners on Wednesday and Im going to miss the silly mare like crazy. She was so sweet!

If anyone ones interested in this mare let me know as she is a VERY reasonable price ($2,000) for the training she has (over $5,000 invested by her last owner, a jumper trainer) then shoot me a message!

Anyway, Abby is doing fantastic and we went to a clinic on Saturday. She was SO well behaved. She got off the trailer to be greeted by a big dressage horse who was rearing and striking at his owner and didn't bat an eye. She nailed both leads and was giving me a nice, true walk/trot frame about 25% of the time which is a big improvement. She's such a nice horse!

This weekend, she is going to a schooling show to strut her stuff in the babybaby over fences class. Hoping it is a great experience for her.

And Jazz is doing awesome as well. I'll give a bigger update later in the week!

1 comment:

  1. Send me more info on the 7 year old Hano/TB mare Thanks! suebee26@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete