Monday, February 2, 2009

Jumping Exercises

This is the Angled Jump exercise. I would put 1-3 strides in between the center of each fence. Be sure to walk it off from the middle, not sides. The center of the jumps are meant to be taken on a straight line with the jumps being angled under the horse. Its weird to explain but the diagram should show it alright. I'm using this one to practice angled fences and keeping Jazz straight. This exercise does encourage run outs. Just fyi.



This is the Cloverleaf exercise. I am planning on trotting in to the first fence then cantering out. Stopping on a straight line then picking up the trot for the role back to fence two. Cantering out then halting and repeating. I'll then canter in, canter out, halt, canter the turn, canter in, canter out, halt...repeat. Playing with varying combinations of this, I eventually want to get up to cantering the whole thing. I'm also planning on entering the cloverleaf from different sides each time and exiting before or after the three loops to keep it from getting boring. I'm using this exercise to school role backs and maybe play around with lead changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment